Sunday, August 30, 2009

A New School Year


I'm always excited about the start of school, and this year there are many new additions to our library to be excited about. Our new SmartBoard was installed just a few weeks ago. It was part of our library lessons this first week. The SmartBoard was a new experience for the children in pre-k and kindergarten. Their eyes danced as images and words appeared and disappeared. I'll be exploring different ways to use this incredible tool.

Last spring I noticed an article in the New York Times describing the renovation of some children's libraries in the Bronx. The talented artist, Christoph Niemann's creation of a "Book-Toothed Dinosaur" captured my attention. When I wrote to him to tell him how much I loved his mural, he generously offered to allow us to make a print so that we could enjoy his work in our library, too. Long time Parish teacher, Marilyn Calwell, provided for the printing and framing as a retirement gift to the library. You'll smile when you see it...look closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

States I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com