Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thing 8: RSS Feeds

Before I began Thing 8, I had never heard of RSS or readers. I love this tool, and I’ll be spreading the word about it to my friends at school. There are a few blogs that I really like to follow, and I used to go to each one on a regular basis to see if they had updated. I think that Google Reader will save me hours. I found a few new blogs to add to my reader including A Library By Any Other Name. Readers offers teachers, librarians, and anyone involved in education so many opportunities to learn and to stay connected to others who are learning. I’ll be watching my reading list for ideas to try in the library, new books and ways to use them, and ways to connect technology with the library and the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. RSS readers are awesome! They are such a great way to get news quickly. And I hate going to blogs hoping for a new posting only to find nothing--RSS readers take away that step and let me know what's new immediately (I have no patience)!

    ReplyDelete

States I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com