Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 12: Creating Community Through Commenting

Thing 12 has been the most challenging for me so far. Commenting takes me out of my comfort zone. I do recognize the importance of participating in the community building purpose of blogging, though, and I will work on making this part of my regular practice. I agree that comments need to be meaningful and sincere.
It was fun to read some of the blogs in the Library2Play community. I learned a lot and left several comments. I found a blog about “twins and multiples.” After making a couple of comments, I sent the site to my daughter who is pregnant with twins. I also wrote a comment on a Canadian teacher’s classroom blog (http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1337) that I have been reading (lurking) for a couple of months. She has been inspiring me, and I finally let her know that.

4 comments:

  1. I too haven't gotten comfortable commenting on Blogs. I enjoy reading the information but never know what to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I wasn't a big commenter, but now I find the conversation interesting. And commenting helps you realize the point of web 2.0--the community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please make hot links of the blogs you suggested so we can click and go there...another way of stretching the community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never posted comments before, either, and it will be a challenge to be more "active". I think, as readers, most of us are not accustomed to being able to comment right away!

    ReplyDelete

States I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com