Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing 21: Podcasts and Videocasts

I agree that the possibilities for using podcasts and vidcasts are endless. I was thinking about some of those possibilities as I was trying to get to sleep last night. I know that I'll be experimenting with Photostory and Audacity for the rest of the summer so that I'll be ready to go with some fun projects when school starts. This Photostory is about a reading program for Parish students in kindergarten through second grade - "The Panther Paw Award" which is modeled after the Bluebonnet Award. The goal of the program is to encourage Parish students to read and explore a variety of recently published books and to provide the opportunity to discriminate among the books in order to identify favorites. Parents are also encouraged to join in the fun with their children and to read some of these books together at home. There were 20 titles on the 2008-2009 Panther Paw Booklist. Any child who read or listened to at least ten books was able to vote for his/her favorite one. Watch the Photostory to find out which book was the 2009 pick!

I'm still working on my vidcast. It is not showing the first page first when it is uploaded...although it does show the correct first page on my computer. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

States I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com