Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 14: Technorati

Technorati is really packed with information and opportunity! I spent more time searching this site with less satisfying results than from others that we’ve explored. I don’t see myself using it as much as de.licio.us as a search tool for my work. I think that there might be particular topics that I go there to research. When I entered the phrase “School Library Learning 2.0” in the keyword search there were 1123 posts. When I used Blog Directory the number dropped to 66. When I searched under tags, the number was 28. I’m so glad to learn about tags. It is a feature that I will definitely be using (my own and those created by others) now that I’ve discovered their value. I looked at the Technorati’s popular blogs, searches, and tags. A lot of people like to read about celebrities!

1 comment:

  1. I love tags also. You can find really interesting things with tags. I like seeing how other people tag their work--it tells you interesting things about the person.

    ReplyDelete

States I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com