Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing 19: Web 2.0 Awards List

Web 2.0 awards list had some of my familiar and favorite sites and some that were brand new to me. I already am a big fan of Del.icio.us , thanks to Thing 13. I have plans to re-introduce this site to our teachers in August. I think that most of them are probably like me… they’ve heard of it, but didn’t realize how easy it is to share and use. MothersClick is a site that I sent to my daughter and a teacher at school who are expecting their first babies. I think that it offers a great support and network for new mothers. Upcoming will keep me informed about events planned close to home. I really liked One Sentence. It is about boiling down a story to its bare essentials and telling it in one sentence. I think that it would be a fun challenge in a writing classroom. The site that I am most excited about is Biblio. Teachers often ask about out of print books, and now I’ll know just where to look!

1 comment:

  1. what about pairing the one sentence story with a picture from Flickr Creative Commons ...AND having the students write a short piece on why they selected the picture to go with the one sentence story! 2 writing samples in one...a 2fer!

    ReplyDelete

States I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com