Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing 16: Wikis

I’m so glad to be learning more about wikis. I know that there are so many different ways that they could be used. My first thought is to create a wiki for the teachers to comment on the book that is our “all staff summer read.” I think that we could have a professional development wiki going all year with things to read and share thoughts about. Meetings are often tricky to schedule, but this would allow communication on each teacher’s own timetable. Others have mentioned using wikis for sign ups, etc…great idea! I’d like to add a wiki for parents and students to comment on our “Panther Paw Books” (modeled after Bluebonnet.) There are just so many possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. using a wiki for comments on a book study is a good way to introduce the wiki concept to people who have yet to descover their benefits...pretty easy, not scary process for sharinga bit of info!! and very popular if it means less meetings, you know that will increase the desire to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your ideas for using Wiki are exciting. You might ask staff to use it to recommend books to each other. Using it for Panther Paw book comments is great, too. That makes the program more interactive.

    ReplyDelete

States I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com